Daily Archives: March 13, 2017March 13, 2017 CueballMarch 13, 2017 Cueball
by Tracy McCue, Sumner Newscow — And the streak continues.
The Wellington High School girls volleyball program next fall will be having its fifth volleyball coach in as many years, as Hannah Shuck tendered her resignation at Thursday’s school board meeting.
Shuck was hired as the new head coach for the 2016 season.
In other school resignations, Lindsey Jones resigned as a fifth grade teacher at Eisenhower as did Bailey Wilke as para-educator.March 13, 2017 Cueball
Sumner Newscow report — The weekly log report for the Wellington Fire/EMS Department for March 6 to March 12, 2017 is as follows:March 13, 2017 Cueball
Sumner Newscow report — The Kansas Governor’s One Shot Turkey Hunt announced that Tori Lewellen of Wellington has been chosen to be one of six Kansas youth to participate in the 31st Kansas Governor’s One Shot Turkey Hunt. The event will be held April 12-14 in El Dorado. More than 80 hunters from 18 states have committed to participate in this invitation only event including Kansas Governor Sam Brownback.
Turkey calling great Preston Pittman will be on hand as well as Billy Yargus, the 2015 and 2016 Grand National Calling Champion. Outdoor TV personality Rob Keck will serve as MC. Shawn Stahl and Jim Ronquest from Rich-N-Tone calls will also be in attendance.March 13, 2017 Cueball
Wellington Police notes: Friday, March 10 to Sunday, March 12, 2017
Friday, March 10, 2017March 13, 2017 Cueball
Submitted to Sumner Newscow — Today’s Wellington High School bulletin for Monday, March 13, 2017:
•Lift a thin, 7 p.m.
•Cheer try-out clinic.
•Parent-teacher conference, 4 to 7:30 p.m.
•Cheer tryout clinic.
•Lions Club during Cru Con.
•Parent-teacher Conference, 4 to 7:30 p.m.
•Girls state basketball at Salina, 8:15 p.m.
Win $100 and a $100 gift certificate to the Pig Shack/Sumner Newscow NCAA Tournament Bracket contestMarch 13, 2017 Cueball
by Tracy McCue, Sumner Newscow — Pig Shack Barbecue on 1102 North A Street and Sumner Newscow have teamed up for the “Pig and Cow Bracketbuster Challenge!” for the fifth consecutive year. The winner will win $100 in cash and $100 gift certificate to great Pig Shack food! Second prize will be a $50 gift certificate to Pig Shack Barbecue and third prize will be a $25 gift certificate.
Brackets can be picked up at the Pig Shack.
Or print off your PIG AND COW PRINTABLE BRACKET here.
Remember all entries must be handed in to the Pig Shack by noon on Thursday. Mail in brackets must be postmarked by Thursday to Sumner Newscow, ℅ Tracy McCue, 22 Sunset Road, Wellington, Kans. 67152. Late entries will not be accepted.
The rules are as follows:
Sumner County business on the mooooove
Sumner Newscow Calendar
- Sixth annual Career and Technical Education Showcase featured exceptional talent
- Patrick Hamlin will be leaving as director of Wellington Airport
- The Boss Baby playing at Wellington Regent this weekend
- Keller: Best day of tennis in five years for Wellington boys
- WMS After School Program students held science fair for elementary group
- Help wanted: Experienced Machinist at Triumph Accessory Services
- Wellington Police Notes: Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- Governor Sam Brownback signs proclamation recognizing the 150th Anniversary of the Chisholm Trail
- Wichita State disc golf team, with 2 Wellington boys, finish 20th in nationals
- WHS Daily Bulletin: Crusaders of the Stage to present ‘Spotlight Desserts Theater’