The following is a surveillance camera video that captured the vandalism of a Wellington DARE vehicle in the Wellington Police Department parking lot on April 1 at 5:15 a.m. Details of the vandalism can be found here. If you have any information contact the police at 620-326-3331, Wellington Sumner County Crimestoppers at 620-326-3135 or Sumner County E911. A reward has been offered.
Daily Archives: April 3, 2017April 03, 2017 CueballApril 03, 2017 Cueball
Sumner Newscow report — The Kansas House of Representatives upheld Governor Sam Brownback’s veto of H.B. 2044 – the Medicaid Expansion bill this morning. The tally was 81-44 which was three votes shy of a successful two-thirds override.
State Rep. Kyle Hoffman of the 116th District, who represents the west half of Wellington and the northwest end of Sumner County, voted against the override. Anita Judd-Jenkins, a Republican for the 80th District representing east Wellington and southeast Sumner County, voted for the override.
Because the motion died in the House, the Senate won’t be voting on the override. Thus, State Senator Larry Alley (R- Arkansas City) will not have to vote on the controversial bill overide.
Medicaid, called KanCare in Kansas, is the government insurance program for people who have low incomes or who are disabled. Hospitals and health groups have pushed for years for the state to expand eligibility to about 150,000 Kansans under the provisions of the Affordable Care Act. Kansas is among nearly 20 states that have resisted expanding the federal program.April 03, 2017 Cueball
•The varsity baseball game at Wichita Collegiate has been postponed. A make-up date will be determined tomorrow according to Wellington Activities Director Luke Smith.
•The junior varsity baseball game vs. Collegiate at home has been postponed. Make-up date has yet to be determined.
• The C team games at Wellington have been postponed.April 03, 2017 Cueball
Wellington Police weekend report: Friday, March 31 – Sunday, April 2, 2017
Friday, March 31, 2017April 03, 2017 Cueball
• Golf at Crestview CC 1 p.m.
• Tennis at Chaparral 3 p.m.
• JV Tennis at WHS 3 p.m.
• C-Team Baseball at WHS 4 p.m.
• Freshmen at WSU
• State Assessments
• Baseball at Collegiate 3:30
• JV Baseball at WHS 4 p.m.
• State Assessments
• Golf at WHS 1 p.m.
• Tennis at Andover 3 p.m.
• Tennis at Maize South 3 p.m.
• Track at Mulvane 3:30
• JV Tennis at Chaparral 9 a.m.
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs.
Lunch: BBQ Pork on Bun, Beef Enchiladas.
Today’s News:April 03, 2017 CueballApril 03, 2017 Cueball
Sumner Newscow report — E-Waste Collection Day at the City of Wellington Recycling Center on Saturday – April 8, between 9 a.m. to noon. Collecting unwanted, working and non-working electronic devices. For more information about the operating hours, please contact Jeremy Jones, Public Works Director, at 620-326-7831.
For questions concerning specific items to be collected or data destruction, please contact Pete at 316-305-6896 (evenings) or Julian at 316-305-6895 (evenings).April 03, 2017 Cueball
Sumner County business on the mooooove
Sumner Newscow Calendar
- Sumner Newscow weekly poll: The Saturday night question
- Can Can girls and Jessie Chisholm came to Wellington
- Brooke McCorkle named Big Cheese Athlete of the Week
- Wellington girls break 3-game losing streak with 3-game winning streak
- Wellington baseball team falls to 5-8 with Buhler sweep, Mulvane split
- Juanita Samples, 87, Oxford: May 30, 1929 – April 23, 2017
- Richard Hopper, 74, Oxford: Jan. 22, 1943 – April 24, 2017
- WHS Daily Bulletin: WHS Student Council officers are announced
- K.C. BBQ Society sanctioned Chisholm Trail BBQ Cook Off will start this weekend in Wellington
- Wellington Police Notes: Monday, April 24, 2017