Brandon Moore, 64, Overland Park died at his home on April 3, 2017April 20, 2017 Cueball
Brandon Moore, 64, of Overland Park, KS died at his home on April 3, 2017, after a long battle with liver disease. Mr. Moore was a lifelong educator, teaching for 35 years in Kansas – the last 30 years in the Shawnee Mission School District (Roesland Elementary: 1979 – 1999 and Belinder Elementary: 1999 – 2009). Mr. Moore retired in 2009 but continued to substitute teach and tutor elementary students in mathematics until this past year.
Mr. Moore is survived by his father, Philip D. Moore of Wellington, KS, a sister, Millicent A. Byington of Park Hills, MO, a brother, Tim L. Robertson of Lakin, KS and several cousins, nieces and a nephew. He was preceded in death by his mother, Rheba M. Moore of Wellington, KS.
Mr. Moore’s passion was teaching and helping young people learn. He loved all of the children that he taught and developed many lifelong relationships with his students and their parents. His love of teaching is exemplified by his having established scholarships with Southwestern College, Winfield, and Wichita State University for students entering the field of elementary education.
Graveside Services will be held for Mr. Moore on April 25, 2017 at 2 p.m. at the Belle Plaine Cemetery in Belle Plaine. Pastor Jim Pohlman will officiate. His life will be celebrated in the Belinder Elementary media center in Overland Park, KS on Wednesday, April 26 at 4:30 p.m. Contributions in Brandon’s honor and memory may be made to the J. Brandon Moore Endowed Scholarship for Elementary Education, c/o Southwestern College, 100 College, Winfield, KS 67156.
Frank Funeral Home has been entrusted with the arrangements.
To leave condolences or sign our guest book, please visit our website at www.frankfuneralhome.netPosted in: Obituaries
Sumner County business on the mooooove
Sumner Newscow Calendar
- Sumner Newscow weekly poll: The Saturday night question
- Can Can girls and Jessie Chisholm came to Wellington
- Brooke McCorkle named Big Cheese Athlete of the Week
- Wellington girls break 3-game losing streak with 3-game winning streak
- Wellington baseball team falls to 5-8 with Buhler sweep, Mulvane split
- Juanita Samples, 87, Oxford: May 30, 1929 – April 23, 2017
- Richard Hopper, 74, Oxford: Jan. 22, 1943 – April 24, 2017
- WHS Daily Bulletin: WHS Student Council officers are announced
- K.C. BBQ Society sanctioned Chisholm Trail BBQ Cook Off will start this weekend in Wellington
- Wellington Police Notes: Monday, April 24, 2017