Wellington Police notes for Friday, Oct. 17 to Sunday, Oct. 19, 2014:
Category Archives: PoliceOctober 20, 2014 CueballOctober 20, 2014 CueballOctober 16, 2014 Cueball
Wellington Police notes for Wednesday, October 15, 2014:October 15, 2014 Cueball
by Tracy McCue, Sumner Newscow — The following are a list of criminal court complaints recently filed by the Sumner County Attorney’s office.
These are formal charges introduced into the Sumner County District Court system. The suspects listed in the complaint have not been tried by a judge or jury unless specified otherwise. All citizens are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
•••••October 14, 2014 CueballOctober 13, 2014 Cueball
Wellington Police notes for Friday, Oct. 10 – Sunday, Oct. 12, 2014:October 09, 2014 Cueball
Sumner Newscow report — David Vandyke, a Wellington Police Department officer, has been issued a criminal complaint and notice to appear in Wichita Municipal Court for possible misdemeanor charges.
According to the complaint Vandyke has been accused of “knowingly placing another person in reasonable apprehension of immediate bodily harm.” A Wichita Municipal Court Check advisor said Vandyke is likely to have his first court appearance at the end of October, but no specific time has been set.
He could face an assault and willful criminal damage misdemeanor charge, but that will be up to a Wichita Municipal Court judge, the advisor said.October 07, 2014 Cueball
Sumner Newscow report — The following are the Sumner County weekly jail bookings for Sept. 29 to Oct. 6, 2014:October 06, 2014 Cueball
Wellington Police notes for Friday, October 3, to Sunday, Oct. 5, 2014:October 03, 2014 Cueball
by Tracy McCue, Sumner Newscow — Two people are facing charges for a burglary of a Wellington residence after an elder man fell ill and was rushed to Sumner Regional Medical Center.
Sumner County Attorney Kerwin Spencer has charged Ashley Pearson, born in 1989, of Wellington for burglary of a dwelling, a level 7 felony; and theft, a level 9 felony. She is currently in Sumner County jail.
Spencer said Curtis Callaway, born in 1984, of Wellington, is currently at large and will be issued an arrest warrant once found. He is asking the public for any information leading to Callaway’s arrest.
Pearson and Callaway are being accused of entering the residence at 306 W. 12th Street on July 25 and stealing several items including: a leather wallet with $140 in cash, a driver’s license, a social security cash; Remington .22 pump hexagon barrel rifle; Marlin 30/30 lever action rifle; Remington 12 gauge pump shotgun; Winchester 12 gauge pump shotgun, Remington .22 bolt action rifle; 12 gauge single shot gun; ammunition; two rifle scores; Security State checkbook; Impact Bank checkbook; sheets and bed spread; Trac phones and Boeing pins. The value of the listed property is less than $1,000 but more than $25,000.
- Wellington Public Library to host “Where Immigration hits historical highway” Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.
- A lot has happened with Roy Eckert, Wellington leading city manager candidate, in 2014
- Post your FREE garage sale ads here
- Wellington Police Notes: Friday, Oct. 17 – Sunday, Oct. 19, 2014
- Donnis Slusser Crain to present ‘Footprints to Land Records’ at Sumner County Historical and Genealogical Society
- WHS bulletin: Monday, Oct. 20, 2014
- Sumner County Weekly Jail Bookings: Oct. 13 – Oct. 20, 2014
- Wellington girls complete tennis season with 3 state medalists and 8th place team finish
- We have a moral obligation to make Seller Park football stadium accessible to all
- Wellington Council offers $100,000 contract to Roy Eckert, former county manager of Montrose, as new city manager