Wellington Police notes for Monday, March 30, 2015
Category Archives: PoliceMarch 30, 2015 CueballMarch 30, 2015 Cueball
Wellington Police Notes for Friday, March 27 to Sunday, March 29, 2015:March 26, 2015 Cueball
By Tracy McCue, Sumner Newscow — Today, Sumner County District Court Judge Scott McQuin has continued the Lindsey Nicole Blansett competency hearing to April 23 at 1:30 p.m.
Blansett, 33, of Wellington is accused of first degree murder of her 10-year-old son at her home on Dec. 14, 2014. She is currently being transported to Larned State Hospital where she will receive a mental competency evaluation report.
McQuin granted a January request by Blansett’s defense attorney Mike Brown to have a mental competency test.March 26, 2015 Cueball
Sumner Newscow report — Two young males have been identified in the break in of the Danville Grain Elevator Sunday morning at 2:47 a.m., Wellington Police Chief Tracy Heath said.
The grain elevator, located at the 800 block of South Jefferson in Wellington, was broken into when two male subjects allegedly broke a window on the main office door and entered the facility.
Heath said one of the parents of the male subjects identified him to the WPD in the photo sent out to media sources.March 26, 2015 Cueball
Wellington Police Notes: Wednesday, March 25, 2015March 23, 2015 Cueball
Sumner Newscow report — The Wellington Police Department is investigating a reported sexual assault in the 1000 Block of Shady Lane. A juvenile female reported being sexually assaulted by a 21-year-old male, according to a press release sent out today.
The WPD arrested Michael D. Cook, 21, of Wellington at 1 a.m. Saturday.
Cook was taken into custody and subsequently booked into the Sumner County jail, Wellington Police Chief Tracy Heath said.March 23, 2015 CueballMarch 23, 2015 Cueball
Wellington Police Notes for Friday, March 20, to Sunday, March 22, 2015:March 19, 2015 Cueball
Wellington Police notes for Wednesday, March 18, 2015:March 17, 2015 Cueball
by Tracy McCue, Sumner Newscow — Stuart Erwin and Amber Dorsey of 1211 E. 4th of Wellington have had several charges levied against them filed recently in Sumner County District court.
Erwin and Dorsey have been linked together on charges of breaking into a storage unit on July 8, 2014 and taking a Samsung 55-inch Smart TV, silver dollars, golf clubs, tools and other property.
The following are a list of the most recent charges against Dorsey, born in 1986:March 16, 2015 Cueball
Wellington Police notes for Friday, March 13 to Sunday, March 15, 2015:
Sumner Newscow Calendar
- Ella Anderson, 82, formerly of Wellington: July 24, 1932 – March 29, 2015
- Sumner Newscow forum: The Wellington City Council Candidates (part 1)
- Wellington Police Notes: Monday, March 30, 2015
- WHS Daily Bulletin: Prom announcements
- Dallas Christopher Payne, 35, Wellington: Oct. 4, 1979 – March 28, 2015
- Wellington girls and boys have tough outings in Augusta
- Wellington Mayor and City Council Candidates Meet and Greet at public library
- Gross! Clean up after your pets when walking them downtown
- Crusader Baseball preview: Wellington returns 71 innings of starting pitching; but inexperience is an issue elsewhere
- Sumner County Sheriff weekly jail bookings: March 23-30, 2015