Curtis Everhart, 31, Wellington charged with 3 felonies from Friday’s drug bustMay 30, 2013 Cueball
by Tracy McCue, Sumner Newscow — Curtis Everhart, 31, of Wellington has been charged with three felony counts, one misdemeanor, and a traffic infraction by the Sumner County Attorney’s office today for a drug bust that occurred at 10:48 p.m. Friday, May 24.
Everhart has been charged with:
•Possession of stolen property, Class A misdemeanor;
•Failing to stop vehicle emerging from a private driveway, a traffic infraction;
•Possession of Methamphetamine with intent to distribute, a level 2 felony;
•Possession of marijuana with intent to distribute; a level 3 drug felony (greater than 3.5 grams obtained).
•Possession of drug paraphernalia, a level 5 drug felony.
A hearing date has been set at the Sumner County District Court for June 6.
On Friday, May 24, according to the court complaint, Everhart obtained control over a stolen 22-inch Vizio television, valued less than $1,000, from a Winfield Wal-Mart that was allegedly stolen from someone else. The complaint said Gail Leighty, address not listed on the complaint, stole the TV from the Wal-Mart and put it in Everhart’s vehicle offering to sell it to him for $150. Instead of returning the TV, the complaint said, Everhart kept it and took it to Wellington.
He then drove to Wellington and was at the private drive at Wheat Country Car Wash. He attempted to emerge onto U.S. 160, but failed to stop the vehicle immediately prior to crossing the sidewalk and into traffic.
Everhart is then accused of possessing 24 grams of methamphetamine inside a black pouch in his glove compartment.
He also allegedly possessed 17 grams of marijuana in his backpack, and scales and baggies used to distribute controlled substances.
Everhart was stopped by the Wellington Police Department after it received news from the Winfield PD that he had stolen property and was on his way to Wellington. It was one of two drug busts the Wellington PD had over the weekend (see story here).Posted in: Featured
Sumner Newscow Calendar
- Mark Whitener comes into Wellington Superintendent job with optimism and caution
- Garage Sales for this weekend…
- Wellington Police Notes: Thursday, June 23, 2016
- Dr. Reusser graduates from KU School of Medicine
- For Nathan Allton of Wellington, Saturday’s Slate Creek Disc Golf Tournament is epic
- Provencio sentencing delayed to at least August 4; motion to acquit denied; motion for new trial to be deliberated
- Applications to serve as a WRC board member is now available
- Wellington Regent Theater this week: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; Special showing of Pulp Fiction
- Wellington Police Notes: Wednesday, June 22, 2016
- Security State Bank to host the 2016 Wheat Run during Kansas Wheat Festival