Driver’s Education enrollment is due April 21 at the Wellington Middle SchoolApril 18, 2017 Cueball
Below is the information for the course.
Who can take DE? Students who have completed their eighth grade year of school and who will be 14 years of age by May 31, 2017 but not yet 21 years of age by September 1, 2017.
When is DE? Students will be assigned to either a 7:45 – 9:45 a.m. class or a 10 a.m. – noon. Students will also be assigned several 1 hour 40 Minute driving blocks during the session. These driving assignments will be made by the driving instructor. In order to pass the course, students may not miss more than three days of the session. Students successfully completing the program will be given half of a credit toward graduation. The course will be Pass – Fail, with students expected to complete all instructional Modules at the stated mastery percentage.
The schedule is as follows:
Class 1 June 5 – June 30: 7:45 – 9:45 a.m. class
Class 2 June 5 – June 30: 10 a.m. – noon class
Class 3 July 6 – July 28: 7:45 – 9:45 a.m. class
Class 4 July 6 – July 28: 10 a.m. – noon class
Behind the wheel training will be assigned by your instructor
Things to consider when making your request for Session (#1 June 5 – June 30 or #2 July 6 – July 28 ) and classroom time (7:45 – 9:45 a.m. class or 10 a.m. – noon class)
- Cheerleaders should enroll in 10:00 class so not to have a conflict with cheer practice
- Football players should enroll in the 10:00 class (Football Camp)
- Volleyball Camp
- Girls Basketball camp & summer league
- Church Camps
- Family vacations
- Summer sports teams.
What does DE cost? Cost of the course is $150 (one hundred fifty dollars) for in-district students and $200 (two hundred dollars) for out-of-district students.
When is enrollment due? Completed enrollment form and payment for the class must be turned into the Wellington Middle School office to Mrs. Ashley Koerner up until April 21, 2017 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Remember it is first come first serve when it comes to class selection.
Posted in: News
Sumner County business on the mooooove
Sumner Newscow Calendar
- Sumner Newscow weekly poll: The Saturday night question
- Can Can girls and Jessie Chisholm came to Wellington
- Brooke McCorkle named Big Cheese Athlete of the Week
- Wellington girls break 3-game losing streak with 3-game winning streak
- Wellington baseball team falls to 5-8 with Buhler sweep, Mulvane split
- Juanita Samples, 87, Oxford: May 30, 1929 – April 23, 2017
- Richard Hopper, 74, Oxford: Jan. 22, 1943 – April 24, 2017
- WHS Daily Bulletin: WHS Student Council officers are announced
- K.C. BBQ Society sanctioned Chisholm Trail BBQ Cook Off will start this weekend in Wellington
- Wellington Police Notes: Monday, April 24, 2017