Frank Malsom, 82, Wellington: May 7 1934 – March 18, 2017March 20, 2017 Cueball
Frank T. Malsom, 82, a Wellington resident since 1966, passed away Saturday morning, March 18, 2017 at Newton Medical Center in Newton, KS. Frank began working for Sumner Cowley Electric in 1966 and retired in 1989.
Frank was born on May 7, 1934 in Gove, KS to Nicholas Malsom and Marie (Hartman) Malsom.
Frank married Dorothy Hemmert on October 12, 1953 in Oakley, KS.
Frank enjoyed spending time with his family, fishing, hunting, camping, and his dog, Buddy. He was grandpa to many.Frank was preceded in death by his parents; one son, Frankie; three brothers; and four sisters.
Survivors include his wife of 63 years, Dorothy Malsom of Wellington; one daughter, Wilma Jean Cullum of Wellington; two grandchildren, Maggie Menhusen and her husband Shannon of Belle Plaine, and Zach Bales and his wife Whitney of Lakewood, CO; and three great grandchildren, Brooke, Nate and Ciarra.
Rosary will be held on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 7 p.m. at St. Anthony – St. Rose Catholic Church.
Mass of Christian Burial will be held at St. Anthony – St Rose Catholic Church on Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 10 a.m. Father Hung Pham will officiate. Interment will follow the service at Prairie Lawn Cemetery.
Visitation will be held at the funeral home on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial has been established in Frank’s name with the Sumner Regional Medical Center Endowment Fund. Contributions can be left at the funeral home.
Frank Funeral Home has been entrusted with the arrangements..
To leave condolences or sign our guest book, please visit our website at www.frankfuneralhome.netPosted in: Obituaries
Sumner County business on the mooooove
Sumner Newscow Calendar
- Sumner Newscow weekly poll: The Saturday night question
- Can Can girls and Jessie Chisholm came to Wellington
- Brooke McCorkle named Big Cheese Athlete of the Week
- Wellington girls break 3-game losing streak with 3-game winning streak
- Wellington baseball team falls to 5-8 with Buhler sweep, Mulvane split
- Juanita Samples, 87, Oxford: May 30, 1929 – April 23, 2017
- Richard Hopper, 74, Oxford: Jan. 22, 1943 – April 24, 2017
- WHS Daily Bulletin: WHS Student Council officers are announced
- K.C. BBQ Society sanctioned Chisholm Trail BBQ Cook Off will start this weekend in Wellington
- Wellington Police Notes: Monday, April 24, 2017