John Thomas Floyd, 89, Conway Springs: April 13, 1928 – April 19, 2017April 20, 2017 Cueball
John Thomas Floyd, 89, loving husband, father, brother, grandfather, and great grandfather died Wednesday evening, April 19, 2017 at Spring View Manor in Conway Springs, KS. He was a retired Oil Field Engineer for Dowell.
John was born on April 13, 1928 in Cushing, OK to Charles Floyd and Goldie (Jones) Floyd. John served in the United States Army during the Korean War.
He married Emma Jean Pettigrew on February 5, 1951 in Pauls Valley, OK. She preceded him in death on September 7, 2010.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife, Emma Jean Floyd; and one brother, George Floyd.Survivors include his son, Rev. Dan Floyd and wife Shari of Wellington, KS and daughter, Luana Hanson and husband Anthony of Mascoutah, IL; four brothers, Jim, Joe, Jerry and Mike Floyd; grandsons, Anthony Hanson, Jr. and wife Marcie, Andrew Floyd and wife Colleen, and Zachary Floyd; granddaughters, Nichole Shewmaker and husband Jeff and Lindsay Bisto and husband Zach; great grandchildren, Jenna Shewmaker, Chandler, Chase, Landon and Nolan Hanson, Mason Currier, and Annie Floyd.
Graveside Services will be held at Memorial Park Cemetery on Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 11 a.m. Rev. John Shellenberger will officiate.
In lieu of flowers, memorials have been established in John’s name with the Alzheimer’s Association or the charity of your choice. Contributions can be left at the funeral home.
Frank Funeral Home has been entrusted with the arrangements.
To leave condolences or sign our guest book, please visit our website at www.frankfuneralhome.netPosted in: Obituaries
Sumner County business on the mooooove
Sumner Newscow Calendar
- Sumner Newscow weekly poll: The Saturday night question
- Can Can girls and Jessie Chisholm came to Wellington
- Brooke McCorkle named Big Cheese Athlete of the Week
- Wellington girls break 3-game losing streak with 3-game winning streak
- Wellington baseball team falls to 5-8 with Buhler sweep, Mulvane split
- Juanita Samples, 87, Oxford: May 30, 1929 – April 23, 2017
- Richard Hopper, 74, Oxford: Jan. 22, 1943 – April 24, 2017
- WHS Daily Bulletin: WHS Student Council officers are announced
- K.C. BBQ Society sanctioned Chisholm Trail BBQ Cook Off will start this weekend in Wellington
- Wellington Police Notes: Monday, April 24, 2017