Kelly (Gaskill) Covey, Wellington: August 9, 1958 – August 19, 2013August 23, 2013 Cueball
Kelly S. (Gaskill) Covey, of Wellington, died Monday, August 19, 2013 at her home in Wellington at the age of 55.
Kelly was born the daughter of Peggy (Langley) and Donald Gaskill, Sr. on Saturday, August 9, 1958 in Wellington.
She was a store manager at the local Apple Market for several years. Following her employment, Kelly enjoyed volunteering at Birthline of Wellington. She was a dedicated Christian that loved her church family at the First Free Will Baptist Church.
Survivors include her daughter, Courtney Covey of El Dorado, daughter, Carlie Buck and her husband Steven of Wellington, father, Donald Gaskill, Sr. of Winfield, grandchildren: Brycent Ray Dean Ashley, Alexis Bianca Marie Ashley, Isabella Rose Buck, Gaberial Miles Buck and Sebastian Alexander Buck, brother, Donald Gaskill, Jr. of Indiana, step-sister, Guyleen Hall and her husband Red of Winfield and step-Father, Joe Golden of Wichita.
She was preceded in death by her mother, Peggy Golden.
Visitation will be held at the funeral home from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m., Monday, August 26, 2013 with family present from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m..
Funeral services for Kelly will be at 10:30 a.m., Tuesday, August 27, 2013 in the First Free Will Baptist Church, 1219 N. Plum, Wellington.
In lieu of flowers, the family asks that contributions be made to the Kelly Covey Funeral Fund established at Day Funeral Home, 1030 Mission Road, Wellington 67152. Contributions can be mailed or left with the funeral home.
To share a memory or leave condolences, please visit www.dayfuneralhome.info.
Arrangements are by Day Funeral Home & Crematory, Wellington.Posted in: Obituaries
Sumner County business on the mooooove
Sumner Newscow Calendar
- (Updated) Female passenger killed in 2-car auto accident west of Oxford this afternoon
- The 26th running of the Great Race is upon us this Saturday at Woods Park (official race form below)
- Council still contemplating using search committee for city manager hire; continues budget process
- Sumner County Fall Field Day and pre-plant wheat meeting set for Aug. 11
- Wellington Police Notes: Tuesday, July 26, 2016
- 70 to 80 youth participate in Crusader Youth Football Camp; fundraiser set for Aug. 20
- Sumner Newscow weekly poll: The presidential candidates favorability question
- Wellington Babe Ruth Baseball is in the books as both local all-star teams season end
- Wellington sends 13 to DII swim meet; 2 to advance to DI Championship qualifier
- American Indian Youth Leadership Council to host POW-WOW in South Haven Aug. 20