Mary Lee Craven, Wellington: Nov. 15, 1950 – Dec. 24, 2012December 24, 2012 Cueball
Mary Lee Craven, age 95, passed away Monday, December 24, 2012 at Sumner County Care Center in Wellington, KS. She formerly worked as a school teacher and a Blue Print Expeditor at Beech Aircraft.
Mary Lee Craven was born on January 11, 1917 in Shelbyville, TN to Robert Lee Stewart and Lillie Bell (Saunders) Stewart. She had been a resident of Wellington since 1919.
She married Donald E. Craven on November 15, 1950 in Wellington, KS. He preceded her in death in 1962.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Donald Craven; three brothers, Hugh Stewart, Dan Stewart, and Harold Stewart; and one sister, Mabel Webster.
Survivors include her brother, Robert Stewart of Wellington, KS; four nephews, Danny Stewart of Wellington, KS, Clarence Webster of Amarillo, TX, Willard Webster of Corbin, KS, and Calvin Webster of Fredrickville, TX; niece, Shirley Heasty of Houston, TX.
Funeral Services will be held at Frank Funeral Home on Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:30 A.M. Reverend Brent Clayton will officiate. Interment will follow the service at Prairie Lawn Cemetery.
There will be no visitation.
A memorial has been established with the First United Methodist Church. Contributions can be left at the funeral home.
Frank Funeral Home has been entrusted with the arrangements.
To leave condolences or sign our guest book, please visit our website at www.frankfuneralhome.netPosted in: Obituaries
Sumner County business on the mooooove
Sumner Newscow Calendar
- Help wanted: Property Manager for Canterbury Heights in Winfield
- An India farmer’s perfect vacation: being in the heart of Kansas
- Wellington receives .9 inches of rain this afternoon
- Summer Reading Program celebrates a Teddy Bear Picnic
- J.P. Weigand’s Vintage Open House tours are this Sunday
- The Secret Life of Pets being shown at Wellington Regent this weekend
- Hometown Sales and Lease – up to $100 in savings or 10% off purchase sale!
- (Updated Thursday) Female passenger killed in 2-car auto accident west of Oxford this afternoon
- Wellington Police Notes: Wednesday, July 27, 2016
- The 26th running of the Great Race is upon us this Saturday at Woods Park (official race form below)