Revised version: Fundraisers set for Curtiss Metz of Wellington in Wichita hospital for EndocarditisFebruary 26, 2014 Cueball
Revised version: Submitted to Sumner Newscow — Curtiss Metz 27 of Wellington is currently in the Neurological ICU at Via Christi St. Francis in Wichita.
Doctors discovered after several tests that he has Endocarditis, which is the inflammation of the inside lining of the heart chambers and heart valves.
An infection started in a heart murmur that Curtiss was born with, causing extensive damage to his aortic valve. He also has a blood clot in the carotid artery at the base of his brain that was cause the infection. He has suffered a moderate stroke that has affected 20% of his brain. He is high risk to continue to have these strokes until the damage can be fixed.
The update on Wednesday morning was that Curtiss is having heart failure. They are trying to remove the fluid from the heart to perform surgery as soon as possible, hopefully Thursday morning. In all of this Curtiss does not have health insurance. Curtiss is a 2005 Wellington High School graduate. He is the son of Don Metz and Danette Grizzle-Stone. He is employed with BSB Manufacturing of Wellington. A fund has been opened at Panhandle Federal Credit Union for anyone wanting to donate. Other events for fundraising include the following:
Thursday March 6, 2014 10% of the gross sales from The Dore will be donated to Curtiss-so come out have a drink or one of their delicious menu items.
March 22, 2014 A Lasagna Dinner, raffle/silent auction, and Bake sale will be held on from 6-9 at the Knights of Columbus Building 201 East Harvey Wellington Kansas with a benefit concert to follow at The Dore featuring Jason Boyd.
If anyone should have any questions or would like to donate items please contact Lindsey Daugherty @ 620-440-7512 or Kip Etter at 620-440-7379
If anyone should have any questions or would like to donate items please contact Lindsey Daugherty @ 620-440-7512 or Kip Etter at 620-440-7379.
Posted in: Featured
- Wellington girls finish tennis season with 3 state medalists and 8th place
- We have a moral obligation to make Seller Park football stadium accessible to all
- Wellington Council offers $100,000 contract to Roy Eckert, former county manager of Montrose, as new city manager
- Wellington quarterback Trevor Nance speaks after win over Rose Hill
- Peyton Adams and Maggie Fink/Mekenna Adams are still playing in state tennis tourney
- Caldwell takes down South Barber 46-28; Argonia-Atttica, South Haven win big
- Wellington survives Rose Hill comeback; now 1-0 in district play (updated with stats)
- Wellington-Rose Hill Live tweet; week #6 scores; more updates on state tennis
- The BoxTrolls will be coming to the Wellington Regent this weekend
- Garage Sales for Oct. 17-19, 2014