Revised version: Fundraisers set for Curtiss Metz of Wellington in Wichita hospital for EndocarditisFebruary 26, 2014 Cueball
Revised version: Submitted to Sumner Newscow — Curtiss Metz 27 of Wellington is currently in the Neurological ICU at Via Christi St. Francis in Wichita.
Doctors discovered after several tests that he has Endocarditis, which is the inflammation of the inside lining of the heart chambers and heart valves.
An infection started in a heart murmur that Curtiss was born with, causing extensive damage to his aortic valve. He also has a blood clot in the carotid artery at the base of his brain that was cause the infection. He has suffered a moderate stroke that has affected 20% of his brain. He is high risk to continue to have these strokes until the damage can be fixed.
The update on Wednesday morning was that Curtiss is having heart failure. They are trying to remove the fluid from the heart to perform surgery as soon as possible, hopefully Thursday morning. In all of this Curtiss does not have health insurance. Curtiss is a 2005 Wellington High School graduate. He is the son of Don Metz and Danette Grizzle-Stone. He is employed with BSB Manufacturing of Wellington. A fund has been opened at Panhandle Federal Credit Union for anyone wanting to donate. Other events for fundraising include the following:
Thursday March 6, 2014 10% of the gross sales from The Dore will be donated to Curtiss-so come out have a drink or one of their delicious menu items.
March 22, 2014 A Lasagna Dinner, raffle/silent auction, and Bake sale will be held on from 6-9 at the Knights of Columbus Building 201 East Harvey Wellington Kansas with a benefit concert to follow at The Dore featuring Jason Boyd.
If anyone should have any questions or would like to donate items please contact Lindsey Daugherty @ 620-440-7512 or Kip Etter at 620-440-7379
If anyone should have any questions or would like to donate items please contact Lindsey Daugherty @ 620-440-7512 or Kip Etter at 620-440-7379.
Posted in: Featured
Sumner Newscow Calendar
- Medallion Hunt Clue No. 5 – Friday, July 1
- City of Wellington seeking bids on 19 acres of farm ground at landfill
- Henry Big Boy 30-30 rifle raffle tickets nearly sold out
- Wellington Police Notes: Thursday, June 30, 2016
- Wellington Compost Site to open July 1 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to accommodate wind clean-up
- Shop in air conditioned comfort with the best prices and selection around
- Freak storm blows through Wellington with high wind and .8 inches of rain
- Sumner Court Docket: Thursday, June 30, 2016 report
- Central Intelligence being play at Wellington Regent this weekend
- Lois Barth, 88, Wichita: March 25, 1928 – June 29, 2016