Sumner County SWAT team help in standoff in Winfield this morningOctober 01, 2013 Cueball
By Shane Farley, Newscow.net — Sumner County SWAT team were called in to help in a situation in Winfield this morning that involved a standoff in the 1400 block of E. Ninth.
Winfield Police are reporting shots were fired at one point, but not at anyone, according to dispatchers. The area was secured.
Ark City police expect to issue a statement soon regarding a standoff that occurred early this morning in Ark City. It ended peacefully.
Posted in: News
Sumner Newscow Calendar
- Postscript: Provencio lesser aggravated battery conviction explained; juror speaks; defense attorney reacts
- Roads and campsites around Wellington Lake are closed; Memorial Day weekend in peril
- Several Sumner County athletes will be competing this weekend at state track meet
- Sumner County area received anywhere from 1.9 to 3.7 inches of rain overnight
- Theurer Auction/Realty online auctions for this month include consignment auction ending Thursday
- Sumner Newscow weekly poll: The what to do during Memorial Day weekend question
- Wellington Police Notes: Tuesday, May 24, 2016
- Sylvester Provencio found guilty of reckless aggravated battery
- Heat begins 4th season in Wellington this Saturday at Sellers
- Jury now in deliberation in Provencio aggravated battery trial