Wellington Regent Theater movie of the week: The ShackMarch 17, 2017 Cueball
This week at the Regent Theater: “The Shack”
Schedule: Friday, 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, 2 and 7 p.m.
Feature film rating: PG-13 (for thematic material including some violence).
Time: 2 hours, 12 minutes
Movie Synopsis: Based on the New York Times best-selling novel, The Shack takes us on a father’s uplifting spiritual journey. After suffering a family tragedy, Mack Phillips [Sam Worthington] spirals into a deep depression causing him to question his innermost beliefs. Facing a crisis of faith, he receives a mysterious letter urging him to an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Despite his doubts, Mack journeys to the shack and encounters an enigmatic trio of strangers led by a woman named Papa [Octavia Spencer]. Through this meeting, Mack finds important truths that will transform his understanding of his tragedy and change his life forever.
Critic’s consensus: The Shack‘s undeniably worthy message is ill-served by a script that confuses spiritual uplift with melodramatic clichés and heavy-handed sermonizing.
For more information on great movies being played, visit the Wellington Regent website at https://www.facebook.com/wellington.regent?fref=ts
Posted in: Featured
Sumner County business on the mooooove
Sumner Newscow Calendar
- Richard Ebersole, 85, Funeral Director of Ebersole Mortuary, Conway Springs: Nov. 17, 1931 – March 24, 2017
- Garage Sales for this weekend…
- Sumner Court Docket: March 24, 2017 report
- St. Jude’s Episcopal Church holding biscuits and gravy breakfast on March 25
- Dr. Leo Oliva comes to Wellington to speak about the courageous women of the Santa Fe Trail
- Wellington Police Notes: Thursday, March 23, 2017
- State legislature approves Cowley College adding Sumner County trustee
- Provencio sentencing delayed for three weeks
- (Update: 3-23-16)The dog Clementine appears to be doing well; Haskin-Ybarra case continued
- Ruby Shields, 87, Wellington: March 7, 1930 – March 22, 2017